Wednesday, January 8, 2014

DIY: Ombre Hair

First of all, you are responsible for your own hair, so bleach at your own risk. :) And if this is your first time to do anything to your hair, please make sure you won't have any allergic reactions. 


So last November, I went to the salon to have it ombre-d (is that even a word?), I used this for inspiration:

Photo not mine. I just found this on Google. Just search "Red Ombre Hair" 
Unfortunately, the stylist had other things in mind. So, the result was nowhere near the one on the photo. I spent more that PhP2000 for, uhm, nothing? I wasn't entirely satisfied ok, so yea.


Then one month after my first treatment, I came across an online shop in Instagram that sells bleaching kits and Manic Panic products, Rainbow Head. They're an authorized reseller of Manic Panic products and they have a lot of good feedbacks. I then decided to buy one of their bleaching kits. It comes in 50 grams and 100 grams. Since I was just going to bleach the ends of my hair, I bought the 50grams pack. It only costs PhP100, that's about 5% the amount I paid on my first treatment. hmf. Oh, the shipping fee costs PhP60 for Metro Manila. A total of PhP160. Still cheap.

As soon as my package arrived, I just sat down and gave it a go:


That is my before hair. I told you, it's like nothing really happened.



You need a towel to wrap around your neck and shoulders, preferably bigger than the one I used. Ha ha! Tie your hair into a pigtail, decide on until where the bleached part will be.



This is the bleaching kit, (NOTE: The brush is not included, you can buy that in the malls). The kit includes a pair of gloves, oxidizing cream and the bleach powder. Just mix the cream and powder and you're all set.


This is my hair during the bleaching process. As you can see, it has already gotten lighter. YAY! I had the bleach on my hair for about 25 minutes. Keep in mind that my hair was previously bleached. So the bleaching time is shorter. If you want a pale yellow color, I don't think you can achieve that in just one go, especially if you have black/brown Asian hair. And you can't bleach your hair for two or three consecutive days, because that will definitely damage your hair. You've been warned!

If you're still unsure about doing it yourself, it's best to have a professional do it for you or a friend who knows how. I've been coloring my hair myself for years, so I really have no problem with this.


After 25 minutes, I checked my hair and I was satisfied with the color already. So I rinsed the bleach, shampooed, used hair conditioner, Towel dried, and it's done!!!



This is my hair under two different light sources. Ha ha! I'm really happy with it and it didn't cost me much!! But I'm thinking if I should still go lighter, though.


For your own bleaching kits, and/or Manic Panic products:
Rainbow Head


xx,
Tin

No comments:

Post a Comment